Ten-Minute Play Submissions
Guidelines and Important Dates
Please follow these rules:
1) Your play must fit the theme "You've Got to be Kidding"
2) Your play must fit our theater and its performance space (Stage is 24' x 15', with black walls and floor, curtained entrances are upstage right and left, while and entry door is located left of upstage center.
3) Online submissions are required, use the format upload it below or email submissions to
4) Documents must be in MS Word or PDF format.
5) Because plays are judged blind, all identifying information must be removed. Your name, play title (and "A Ten-minute Play") and contact information should be placed on the cover page and submitted separately.
6) Your play should be NEW, please do no send us anythings that has previously been produced.
7) Your play must be TEN MINUTES or under in length. Remember something has to happen in those ten minutes.
8) Your play must contain at least two, but no more that five speaking roles.
9) Spectral Sisters has a pool of actors ranging from 18 to 80, make sure the characters can be played within that range.
10) No children's plays or musicals.
11) FINAL SUBMISSIONS must be made no later than MARCH 15, 2020.
12) There is a $20 submission fee for each entry.
13) All playwrights with a selected play must agree and sign our guidelines for production.
14) Only one entry will be accepted from each playwright.
15) The plays which win are staged and will be recorded.
We are awarding prizes for our top-three scoring plays. First place will receive $100, second will receive $75, and our third place prize will be awarded $50. Again, all of these plays will be judged blindly, to ensure fairness.
Thank You for your interest in submitting a 10 Minute Play Festival. Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. To pay the $20 fee use the link below.
Please Enter the Title of the Play